ILC Therapeutics is looking for a proactive and dedicated research associate or senior research associate (depending on the level of experience) who will be a key member of the scientific team. He or she must have validated laboratory skills in immunology. A core part of their role is to develop and run the assays, which will allow the progression of our lead therapeutic protein into the clinic.
ILC Therapeutics is a well-funded biologics company with a mission to treat a range of antiviral and autoimmune disorders. The company was founded by a leading immunologist at the University of Strathclyde who has focused on understanding the molecular mode of action of type I interferons. ILC therapeutics has a robust IP portfolio behind its rapidly expanding pipeline of novel hybrid interferons. The company is based at BioCity Glasgow.
- Development and operation of assays to measure the levels of therapeutic proteins in sera.
- Development and operation of assays to measure the biological activity of therapeutic proteins.
- Identification of pharmacodynamic markers for therapeutic proteins and the development of assays for them.
- Cell culture and immune cell isolation.
- Technology transfer of assays to external vendors for validation and running.
- Gather, analyse and present scientific data from a variety of sources.
- Document research findings clearly in an electronic lab book.
- Select, follow and adapt experimental protocols and generate laboratory SOPs.
- Contribute to discussions and share research findings with colleagues.
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A degree with a substantial Immunology content and 1 plus years of working in immunology research.
- Experience in one or more of the following laboratory techniques: ELISA, Flow cytometry, protein binding analysis, quantitative RT-PCR and cell-based functional assays.
- Ideally some experience in a commercial biotech setting.
- Someone with a practical mindset who likes to get things done.
- Flexible problem-solver with a troubleshooting mindset and a desire to overcome challenges, who delivers work on time, is pro-active and driven.
- Straightforward communicator, with a willingness to be open, honest, admit mistakes and listen to others.
- Motivational team member who is keen to work with others and foster a great company culture.
Please send your application and CV to: email@example.com